|Drawing by The Other Emily, age 43/4.|
Once upon a time, in England, lived a girl with two mean, ugly sisters. They would not let her go to the prince's ball. Lucky for Cinderella, her fairy godmother said she could go! As long as she was home by midnight. Cinderella had fun dancing with the prince. When she ran away, her sparkly shoe got lost. The prince wanted to marry the girl that the shoe fitted. It did not fit on the feet of her sisters. It did fit Cinderella! So Cinderella and the prince got married, and were happy forever.
Note: This is a paraphrasing of: Fairydust Fairytales Cinderella. Little tick tock. Great Britain: ticktock Entertainment Ltd.
Montessori Connection 6-9:
1. If you are a good reader, then read this story out loud to another child.
2. If you are still practicing reading, choose one word to look for on each page. Hint: Cinderella
1. Listen while a younger child reads this story to you.
2. Read it aloud to a younger child, just for fun.
3. See if you can translate the story into Spanish, French, Japanese or whatever language you are studying, or which your family speaks at home.